Thursday, March 1, 2007

Day 7--Wuhan




Today we went on a tour of the Yellow Crane Tower. This tower dates back five dynasties. It has burnt down once and was rebuilt a couple of times. It was still raining off and on today. It was nice to get out and see parts of Wuhan today despite the rain. The first picture is of Drew and the girls with our CCAI Representative, Christina. Everyone in China loves the duo stroller. You don't find this kind of stroller here because of the one child policy. We have enjoyed watching peoples reactions to this stroller.
Kenzie is starting to show her true personality. She has a very sweet disposition. Kenzie can sit and entertain herself for a long time. She has the cutest little giggle and loves to talk baby talk. Tonight she ate so much I thought she was never going to stop. I guess she is making up for lost time. She had a total of four bottles and ate like a little pig at dinner tonight. It is amazing how fast these babies start to cope with everything. They are so resilient.
Tomorrow morning we will receive Kenzie's Chinese passport and then we will fly to Guanghzou. I have mixed feelings about leaving. In the back of my mind, I know there is a possibility that we may never come back here(although I hope to come back in several years for the girls to see their homeland). After all, this is both of my daughters' birth place. When I am out on the streets, I can't help but look at all the young women wondering if one of them is one of my daughters birth mother. I will be eternally grateful for China and Hubei province for the most precious gifts they have bestowed upon me.
I hope everyone is well and I hope my kids at Woodland Park Middle School are gearing up for the state assessment test. Take care everyone and please keep us in your prayers. JILL











1 comment:

Jeff and Valerie said...

Wow! It is beautiful there! You all look so very happy. Hoping for an uneventful flight and a happy landing in Guangzhou!

We got about 5 inches of snow here in the sw part of Denver. Cold and windy! We are supposed to get up into the 60's next week. Hopefully just as you all are making your trek home!!

Blog Archive