Sunday, January 28, 2007

Nothing New

Well, we still do not have our TA (Travel Approval). I was really hoping we would get it last week. I know that some people are starting to receive them so hopefully we will see them here real soon. Once we get our TA, then it is usually about 2 days until you have your consulate appointment (CA). Then we will be able to make travel arrangements. Maybe this week will be our week. I know that we will be competing with everyone else on getting our CA. I am still being optimistic and thinking we will travel around the 20-22 of Feb. If we don't travel until the last week of Feb. we may not get Kenzie before her first birthday. So, please keep us in your prayers. The good news is that we did receive our passports back with our Visa's to travel to china.

Last Wed. Kaleigh got sick to her stomach for the first time. We have had lots of ear aches, head colds and sore throats but, have been fortunate to not have had the upset stomach until this last week. Poor thing, she told me she was not feeling well but didn't know what was wrong. Thankfully, she only got sick to her stomach just once. But had several days were she didn't really eat. I know that this stomach stuff has been going around. I just hope and pray we all stay healthy to travel to China and home.

I almost think that this wait is harder than the long wait till referral. It is really hard at work. I have to get a sub for teaching my class and the not knowing when we will be gone is hard for the people I work with. Thankfully, my husband is my principal. Hopefully, I will be able to let everyone know a date this week.

2 comments:

Jeff and Valerie said...

I hope your TA comes very soon. I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Hi Jill,
To answer your question, we received our TA very quick. I think it was three weeks. We traveled one and half weeks later. It was a very quick turn-around from referral to TA and then TA to travel. The next month referral group waited almost five weeks for TA. They traveled eight weeks after referral.

Hope this helps.

I hope you are finding peace.

Many hugs to you! Valerie

Blog Archive