Friday, January 19, 2007

Sisters

I was born the middle of three kids. I have an older brother and a younger sister. The three of us are within four years of age and all of us were born in the month of December. We have always been close , and have always shared so much in common with one another.

My sister and I just got off the phone after talking for about three hours. She lives outside Tulsa with her husband and three beautiful children. Since we live so far away from each other and only see each other once or twice a year, we spend many nights on the phone. I am blessed to have had such wonderful siblings. I can only hope that my two daughters will have that kind of a relationship. I am so happy that they will have the opportunity.

There is a song by Wynonna Judd called Come Some Rainy Day. When I hear this song I think of my sister.

What good's a dollar without your baby sister
Two scoops of ice cream on a summer afternoon.
We ran wild
and all we ever wanted
was to rule the world between our house and school.
We move on, put those dreams away
thinking that we'll find them come some rainy day.
First time I saw you, I knew I would love you.
Half way through sophomore year, I finally asked your name.
When I kissed you I lost my heart completely.
All we wanted was just to stay that way.
We move on, put those dreams away
Hoping that we'll find them, come some rainy day.
How could I know, that everything would change
except the way I miss you, come some rainy day.
I'll sit and laugh with friends
all what we've been through
but I still catch my breath, when someone mentions you.
We move on, put those dreams away
Baby I still miss you, come some rainy day.

3 comments:

aunt lori said...

Jill, I read this and it makes me wish we were closer. Hopefully, when Mom & Dad move this way we can talk you and your family to come this direction also. Kota and I were looking at this site and reading what you posted together and he keep asking "mom, are you alright. . . please don't cry mom." Every time I get on this site I get a tear to my eye from happiness. I know that Kaleigh and Kenzie are going to have such a great relationship. I know your little girls are going to grow up and be the best of friends. You & Drew have blessed these 2 wonderful little girls bringing them into such a wonderful home with such a terrific Mommy & Daddy! I was talking to Mom and telling her how we were on the phone together all weekend and she said that we definately need to move closer to one another. Family is so wonderful and I am so thankful to have you as my big sister and my friend!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Sisters are the best. I have two older sisters and two MUCH younger brothers. All live in NM. Pretty close, but not close enough.

Take care Jill!

redmaryjanes said...

What a sweet blog. It's tearing me up a little bit. I love my baby sister. I hope that your girls have that type of relationship too!

Blog Archive